Pages

6.29.2011

nail obsessed

My newest obsession is nail art. I started out by hand painting designs on my nails then found a whole WORLD of incredible nail art. My first hand painted attempt was these little bows -

very time consuming but they turned out really cute.

After doing a little research, I found a great site called weheartit.com. I tried the newspaper nail art tutorial, found here, and read about image plates from a company called Konad. I ordered plates, stamps, nail polish, and I've had different nails every day since. Here are a couple I've tried so far:
This is Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Mint Sorbet with image plate BM20 (from Bundle Monster) done with white Konad polish.
I used the black Konad stamping polish as a base coat (only one coat needed!), Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Mint Sprint, and image plate BM06. I reversed the design on my toes, and when I took it off tonight it had stained my nails green : /  Other than the staining with this particular color I have been really happy with this line.

1 comment: